- About Us
- Projects & Programs
- Get Active
- Roosevelt Institute
- Join Us On
Solutions for the South: Editor In Chief Search
by Taylor Jo Isenberg
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
After the successful release of the first Solutions for the South, the southern region is searching for a new Editor-in-Chief to guide the publication of a second edition in the coming year.
Responsibilities for the Editor-in-Chief of Solutions for the South include:
(1) Coordinating among the three host campuses via emails and conference calls
(2) Drafting a Call for Submissions, posting it to the Roosevelt website, and distributing it throughout universities and Roosevelt Chapters
(3) Keeping all submissions organized and managing the editing process
(4) Assigning submissions to Editors and assimilating Editors' comments
(5) Creating criteria for determining which pieces will continue through the editing process
(6) Facilitating communication between Editors and Authors during the revisions process for pieces that are accepted
(7) Working with Nationals to make final edits to the journal and have it posted to the Roosevelt website
(8) Addressing questions and authors' concerns/disagreements/missed deadlines during the editing and revisions processes
Deadline for applications is February 12, 2009. Please submit a letter of interest (300-500 words) and resume to Taylor Jo Isenberg @ email@example.com.
If you have questions concerning the responsibilities of the position, please contact former Editor-in-Chief Jeet Guram @ firstname.lastname@example.org.