- About Us
- Projects & Programs
- Get Active
- Roosevelt Institute
- Join Us On
Online Organizing Associate, Campus Progress
Reports to: Journalism and Online Communications Manager, Campus Progress
Department: Campus Progress
Staff reporting to this position: None
Position classification: Exempt, full-time
American Progress has an immediate opening for an Online Organizing Associate for Campus Progress to assist the Online Communications Manager with Campus Progress's online presence and to oversee email marketing and social media outreach. This position requires managing a large workflow of requests efficiently. Applicants should enjoy detail-oriented work and troubleshooting. The position will have a core set of responsibilities with the opportunity to pursue projects tailored to the individual's areas of expertise and interests.
Campus Progress is the Center’s dynamic effort to help young people make their voices heard on key issues and to empower new generations of progressive leaders. Campus Progress engages in advocacy and reporting on issues including affordable education, gay and transgender rights, immigration reform, climate change, and voting rights.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Online actions: Coordinate and oversee online campaigns that include website content, targeted action emails, and Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outreach. Set goals and metrics for outreach and evaluate effectiveness. Administer online actions using Democracy in Action’s Salsa and/or Eloqua.
- Email marketing: Assist with email marketing strategy, analyze email stats, and make recommendations for improvement; work with manager to develop strategy; grow email lists and strengthen relationships with audiences; create and send emails about Campus Progress's programs and events.
- Website maintenance: Assist the Online Communications Manager in daily website posts and updates. Develop ideas to make pages more visual and engaging. Select and edit photos, prepare graphics, and assist with video and audio production for the website. Manage all forms and data collected on the website. Contribute blog posts as needed about Campus Progress's work, campus and local events, and policy issues.
- Online advocacy: Work with Campus Progress and the Center for American Progress team to create and maintain campaign-specific websites that promote policy changes and build grassroots databases. Assist with the development and implementation of web advocacy strategy for Campus Progress.
- CampusProgress.org: Participate frequently in the editorial work of CampusProgress.org—writing, assigning, developing, and editing reported and opinion pieces, including pieces highlighting the work and achievements of members of the Campus Progress Journalism Network.
- Education and trainings: Provide assistance and advice regarding web development to student editors of Campus Progress-supported publications.
Requirement and qualifications:
- At least one year professional online organizing experience or related degree.
- Experience developing and executing online campaigns, including email marketing, online actions to complement offline actions, and social media outreach plans.
- Experience hand-coding HTML and CSS and managing technical needs of a website on a daily cycle.
- Creative vision for online organizing and activism.
- Strong writing, editing, and research skills.
- Broad knowledge of politics, policy, and culture.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Commitment to Campus Progress’s mission and goals.
You must send three to five samples of your work (campaign plans, sample emails, or other online organizing products) with your Word resume and cover letter.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize our progressive agenda: The Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a non-partisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a non-partisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go towww.americanprogress.org.
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go towww.americanprogressaaction.org.
To apply, simply e-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor – Campus Progress Search
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
Tags : Jobs