- About Us
- Projects & Programs
- Get Active
- Roosevelt Institute
- Join Us On
Internship Opportunities, Spring 2012
by Dante Barry
Wednesday, February 22, 2012
The Roosevelt Institute Campus Network is currently hiring interns for Spring 2012 to work in our NYC office. We are looking for independent, self-driven students (or young professionals) to support the mission of our national staff. Interns will have the opportunity to work with nationally recognized policymakers, non-profits, and a national network of student leaders dedicated to progressive change making. Internships are unpaid but provide ample opportunities for professional development, including invitations to Roosevelt Institute events, potential publishing opportunities, and special consideration for our 2012 Summer Academy fellowship program.
Start date is flexible but prefer early January start to continue until end of spring semester 2012. Expected commitment of 10-15 hours per week.
We are dedicated to providing substantive and exciting opportunities for our student support staff. The following positions are open for consideration:
National Director Intern Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the National Director to execute the strategic vision for the spring of 2012
- Developing a project around cataloguing and tracking the history of the Campus Network
- Developing and implementing new resources to further the mission of the Campus Network
- Planning 2012 Policy Expo
- Writing blog posts on current events to increase the profile of the Campus Network in the national dialogue
Policy Director Intern Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with editing, publishing, and promotion of our annual national publication series, "10ideas"
- Work with students and NYC staff to develop Impact campaigns for students across the country
- Assist with locating and placing student articles in national media outlets
Program Director Intern Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the development of programming resources for the Campus Network, including (but not limited to) work on how to train a network of students, building out specific examples for use in trainings, and learning and communicating the Roosevelt | Thinks series of trainings and resources.
- Assisting with the data-collection and writing of large scale annual projects like the Blueprint and Budget for Millennial America, including editing of student ideas and helping to build a framework for data collection and storage.
- Working with the Roosevelt Institute | Campus Network website to reflect the new resources available.
Chapter Services & Summer Academy Coordinator Intern Responsibilities will include:
- Play an integral role in Summer Academy recruitment and outreach.
- Assist with strategy development of social media and online communications channels.
- Work closely with the Chapter Services & Summer Academy Coordinator in the development of programming for the 2012 Summer Academy.
To apply for an internship please email a copy of your resume and a writing sample to email@example.com. Please include "Internship Application" in the subject heading and indicate which support roles you are interested in applying for. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.